In Json.NET 5.0 there are a bunch of library version changes:
- Added .NET 4.5 library
- Added portable library targeting .NET 4.5 + WP8 + Win8
- Removed the Silverlight library.
- Removed the Windows Phone library
Upgrading library versions allows Json.NET to support new .NET features such as dynamic and async across more platforms.
Read more about this new release here
Download Json.NET from CodePlex or install using NuGet
- James Newton-King: Json.NET 5.0 Release 1 – .NET 4.5, BigInteger, Read-Only Collections
- Json.NET CodePlex Project
- Json.NET 5.0 Release 1 Download – Json.NET source code and assemblies